The Capital Network’s Accelerated Education Program is a four-month workshop series on fundraising education for early-stage entrepreneurs.
The AEP is based on our observations of entrepreneurs and their ability to quickly learn the language of funding. It is designed to incorporate the guidance of many former or current entrepreneurs and members of the majority of angel groups and venture capital firms in the New England area, and is:
Timely: Programs are delivered on a rolling, repetitive schedule that is on an entrepreneur’s timeframe.
Essential: Lessons focus on the in-depth dynamics of fundraising and building a lexicon for an entrepreneur to continue the conversation with an investor.
Customized: Workshops are kept small for entrepreneurs to ask questions on his or her business and funding needs.
The below topics are covered in the AEP:
- Build a Cap Table and Understand the Dilution Impact of Early-Stage Investment
- Calculate Financial Projections for Investment Presentations
- Know Your Valuation for Equity Compensation (And Avoid the Perils of 409A)
- Build an Entire Investable Team from Boards to Staff
- Get Your (Financial) House in Order
- Optimize Your Corporate Structure for Investment
- Know About Your Non-equity Funding Options
- Understand All of Your Funding Options
- Come to Terms with Angel & Venture Term Sheets
- Apply for Angel Funding with an Investor’s Perspective
Membership is on a rolling basis beginning the day you enroll. If you have been to a few of our programs and would like to put the admission towards your membership, please contact us for a discount code.
$300 – for six months of programs
(That’s two extra months to retake any missed classes!)